Tuesday, February 12, 2019

"Happy" Valentine Oil

Thursday day is the big day!

Time to celebrate LOVE in your life, especially for the often overlooked...your friends!

I saw on FB where a friend of mine, who is a widow, has gone on a trip with her bestie, and she called it her "Galentine's Trip."  I just loved that.

Having close gal pals is so important, in so many ways, for women.  It's proven that women who support, nurture, and celebrate other women are more successful, happier, HEALTHIER, and overall better versions of themselves.  

So, I created a little "Happy" essential oils blend for some of my dearest women friends.

Let's get started.

  
I started by purchasing this colorful set of glass roller balls on Amazon.  They are $18.99 for 24, 10ml bottles, gold caps, stainless steel roller balls, plus all the other things shown in the picture.  They are a quality product and I was very happy with the price point.  

Next, I assembled my oil supplies.

Young Living Lavender and Orange Essential Oils, and our YL V-6 Carrier Oil. (V-6 is a vegetable-based oil.  You could use Fractionated Coconut Oil as well.)

I also made some tags for the bottles with my stamps and some paper.  You can get some cute tags at The Dollar Tree if you are not a paper crafter.

On the back of my tags, I listed the oils and the carrier oil in case my gal pals want to recreate it on their own.


Start by removing the lid and the plastic drip stopper from the bottle if you are going to use the dropper that comes with the set.  To remove the drip stopper, use the lid to gently pry the stopper from the side.

Or, you can just drop the oil in with the drop stopper on and count.  It's really what makes you more comfortable.


I put 10 drops of both oils in the bottle.  


 I then topped it off with the V-6 oil, almost to the top.  You can see here how high I filled the bottle.

Our carrier oils come with a pump, so you have options for filling these small bottles.  You can also use the small funnel that comes with the bottle set as well.


Next, I placed the roller ball in the top and GENTLY pushed it down so that it was evenly placed all the way around the opening.  I then screwed the lid on to set it the last little bit into the bottle top.

TIP:  Never try to force the roller balls in the top with your hands or palm. 9 times out of 10 the bottle will tip and your contents will spill all over.  If you just place it in a bit and then twist on the lid, the lid will force in down equally from all sides and it will be seated correctly.


I made sure to adhere an "ingredients" label to the back so if there were any questions about which oils were in there it wasn't an issue.


I used some black twine and attached my label to the hanger on the lid.  It coordinated nicely with the carrier string that also came with the set.

Another option for attaching the carrier string is to loop it through the other way so that the lobster claw clasp is hanging.  You can then add your oil to a key chain or other objects.  Very versatile.


I wrote "happy" on the labels that came with the bottles and stuck it to the side.

Voila!  All done and now I'm happy!

I can't wait to gift my sweet friends this simple but great gift.

Each bottle cost me about $.80.  The drops of oil are pennies on the dollar, AND because I often get both oils free using my rewards points they are no cost to me.  The organically grown V-6 oil is $22.25 for 8 oz bottle.  It will last you a LONG time, believe me.  Plus, I like that it's healthy for my gals.

I would say that this gift cost me less than $2.00 in all, but it will make my friends very "happy" and that is PRICELESS.

Happy Valentine's Day you Rule Breakers!


(PS - I will make an upcoming post showing how I wrap gifts with creative ideas!)








Post a Comment

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.