Tuesday, June 9, 2020

YOU Need This Bag!

The pandemic has certainly changed how we interact with the world and each other.

We've taken to spraying, wiping, sterilizing, and protecting ourselves from everyday objects and people.

While it's decidedly been "burdensome," I'm not sure that it's a total loss in lessons for us.

Let me explain...

Did you know that according to a Reuters article, a scientific study done by Kimberly-Clark Professional (a unit of the personal hygiene company that bears the same name),

GAS PUMPS AND NOZZLES ARE THE DIRTIES/GERMIEST/FILTHIEST SURFACES IN AMERICA!

Ummm...What???

Yep.

Those things that WE MUST touch to gas up our cars are spreading germs faster than you can say YUCK!

So, I decided to lessen my family's exposure to those yucky pumps and put together a little bag with all the needed supplies.



I went to good ole' Amazon, Young Living & Dollar Tree to get what I needed.

From Amazon I got the following:





These bags come in packs of 3 and there are several different colors and combinations to choose from.  I coordinated the colors with our individual vehicles.


At Dollar Tree: 

Travel-sized Clorox and Lysol Packages
 (over by the cleaning sponges)



From Young Living, I got:

Oil Sample Packs

Thieves Spray



Then it was just a matter to assembly.

I used my Cricut machine to cut out a cute car and truck image for each bag.

Hubby got the truck image with his name on it.

Sydnee and I both got a car image with our names.


I "stuffed" each bag and they were done.

It was that easy.


The wipes are great for sanitizing objects and hands in general when in the car.

We use them to wipe down the steering wheel, gas port door, door handle, and anything where we might inadvertently transfer germs.

Both the alcohol and Thieves spray do the same thing as the wipes, but you can use them instead, especially if you want to spray instead of wipe.

The doggie-bags are used over our hand(s) to grab the nozzle, use the touchpad buttons, and interact with the whole gas-pumping area.

They are easier to use and easier to find than gloves.

Just pull it inside out when you're done and discard it in the trashcan right at the pump.

It's nice to have them for extra trash bags in the car as well.


I know you might think this is a bit "overkill," but I want to protect myself and my family from both the COVID virus, E-Coli, and strep exposure, and anything else that may be coming down the pike.

Stay safe my friends!






Post a Comment

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.