Tuesday, October 1, 2019

FabFitFun Review

A few weeks ago, I did a review of the jewelry subscription knowns as RocksBox.

Today, I want to review the FabFitFun box for the fall and give you my honest opinion.


FabFitFun is a subscription box company located in Los Angeles, CA.

They procure different types of products from across lifestyle, beauty, food, fashion, and philanthropic companies to give subscribers access and discounts on those items.

Four seasonal boxes are curated and sent out to subscribers at the beginning of that season.

The cost for a basic membership is $49.99 which includes S/H per box.

Total cost per year is less than $200 for the four boxes.

Here's what I go in my fall 2019 box:


The Fall 2019 FabFitFun magazine.

This is actually an amazing marketing tool for the company because it literally walks you through all the products in the box describing and showing how to use them.


Three of the pages are dedicated to items that are in your box as well as items that you may have "upgraded" in your box prior to shipment.


The cost of each item is listed along with a brief description and accompanying color photo of the item.


I subscribed to the basic box, HOWEVER, prior to shipment, FFF contacts me through my email and offers to upgrade and exchange any of the selected items for more pricier items.

I can also upgrade my membership to a yearly cost which will save me $20.

Another option is to upgrade to a Select Membership which offers more items as indicated in the magazine this month.

I have not decided to do that yet as I want to have a few more boxes in my hands before I make that decision.


The total value spread can also be found here on one of the pages.

I added up my "loot" and it was a whopping $250.00 if I had bought it all retail style.


The box is well packaged with pretty tissue and a sticker.

The items are nestled in lots of shred and did not appear to have moved much during shipment.


There was a large piece of cardboard in the bottom which held up these items, but that's easy to recycle.

The box is made of heavy construction cardboard and can be recycled or used for storage or moving.



One of the first items I pulled from my box was the Aveda damage remedy cream.  I use many Aveda products on my hair and this was a great, full-sized product to receive.

I have used it many times already and will reorder it on my Aveda account in the future.


A new to me product was this human*kind body souffle.


It's an amazing, creamy body butter type lotion that I will be giving to my daughter when I visit California soon.


It's made in Belgium and distributed by a company in Cork, Ireland.

Considering that Europe has many more bans on chemicals in their products than we do here in the US, I'm excited to share this with my daughter.


There was an Aromatherapy Associated Deep Relax roller that comes out of London, England.

I was impressed with the company's website and vision (2 women founders) and have used this a few times prior to yoga class.


I am a HUGE makeup fan, so this set of 4 eye pencils from treStique.  This a cruelty-free company that specializes in makeup according to its website.

They are a line of makeup "crayons" which are easy to use and store.

I have tried these pencils.

The eye shadows are creamy and long-lasting and I really enjoy using the black liner.  Because of their size, they are perfect for traveling.


My love for anything Kate Spade was secure when I got this Kate Spade lunch tote.


Although I don't take my lunch anywhere anymore, I have used this to store some of my sewing tools that go with my new Brother/Project Runway sewing machine.

It's a great way to repurpose a bag into a new use.


Because I don't tan I use a tanning mitt and Ulta Tanning Mousse to get a nice sun-kissed glow on my legs.

These Harper and Ari Exfoliating Sugar Cubes are perfect to exfoliate my legs prior to applying the mousse.

They smell great as well!


A whole two-page spread in the magazine is dedicated to showcasing this Plush Plaid Scarf styled in different ways.

What really impressed me was the sizes, ages, styles, and colors of women modeling the scarf.

I love a company that embraces all of the above to appeal and include all types of women.

I'm looking forward to wearing this scarf when the weather really changes.


Last but not least, these Baublebar earrings were in the box.

I have purchased several products from Baublebar, so this was a brand I knew well.

These are going to Cali with me because my daughter really likes them and I can't (read rarely) say no to her...


All in all, I was very impressed with my FFF box for the fall and will continue my subscription for a few seasons to see if I stay impressed.

Items that you receive in the box are meant to entice you to visit the company websites to purchase them again or to buy other items that the company may offer.

In the magazine, there are exclusive offer codes which get you additional percentages off products from the companies represented here.

It's a great savings if you like to shop on-line.

I would also recommend that any products you don't like or won't use could be passed on or gifted to others.

You can also easily cancel your subscription right online if you decided you didn't want any more boxes.

I would recommend a FFF subscription if you like the items that you've seen here in this post.

It's not a bank-breaker and I think it's even changed some of the rules!



Post a Comment

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.