Saturday, April 11, 2020

Walking Photography

One of the things that I've been working on while at home during this time is learning more about photography with my iPhone.

There are so many YouTube tutorials and articles written about how to use your iPhone and it's features to improve your photos.

As a blogger and Instagrammer, I exclusively use my iPhone for the photos I feature.

I also use an app called Lightroom by Adobe that helps me to edit the lighting when taking photos indoors.

On one of our morning walks through our neighborhood, I decided to put some of my new knowledge to work.

Here are the results.


Dogwoods are just starting to bloom out this spring.

When taking photos of individual blooms, I tap the screen to help the camera focus on that image.

This blurs the background and sharpens the image.



I love how sharp the water looks of the leaves in the foreground.



The hydrangeas are so vibrant right now.

Again, I use the tap focus feature on the main bloom.



Look how crisp the branch looks here.

It is like it has an outline of black.



I took plenty of photos of "weeds."

They have some great texture and unique qualities, especially when working on your photog skills.


Here, the light was behind these flowers, so it cast a shadow on their front parts.



I loved this downed pinecone laying in that green soft moss.


This bark remnant was in opposition to the moss as well.

The hard bit and soft bit make for an interesting photo.

Check out the little bit of clover in the lower right side.





The colors in this photo were so vibrant.

I did not use any Lightroom features to edit these photos in anyway.

These are all based on the light around them during this time of day.


The curly bark of this tree was so fascinating.





I found the way the light was hitting this tree very intriguing.

The shadows from the ivy were cast across the trunk except where the trunk undulated out.


In this photo, the hosta leaves look almost "drawn" on - their edges look cartoonish.

I was really after the drops of water and was quite surprised by the leaves.



The buds of a bush in our yard push out with dark pink leaves that change into vibrant green leaves.



And last but not least, this moss has found its way into the stacked stone in our yard and is pushing forward to grow.

Maybe there's a lesson here.

When times are toughest, make the most of the situation and "bloom."


What new things are you attempting to learn during this time?

Drop a comment below so that we can all branch out and try something new.



Post a Comment

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.