Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Organizing Your Travel Samples

Prior to traveling across the country to California, I needed to get a serious handle on the travel sized toiletries and bottles that I had in a bin in my linen closet.

Let's get real...

We all have those little sized toiletries hanging out for travel, guests, and just in case you forgot to get a full tube of toothpaste on your last grocery trip, and you've currently squished the remaining paste out of the last tube at home... those mini Colgate and Crest tubes come in handy at 11:30 at night.

Cue the chaos:


Ziplocs of stuff amid parts and pieces thrown haphazardly among the mess.


I had a hodge-podge of minis and samples, plus travel sized bottles, and random bits of "stuff" that needed to be seriously organized.

I started by dumping it out on our bed.


Earlier that day, I had stopped into my "Mecca" otherwise affectionately known as the Dollar Tree, and grabbed these dotted pencil bags.

All of DT's school supplies are out now, so it's the perfect time to load up on these items for a specific use, or just to have if you need later on.

I liked the different colored dots, and they are a nice sturdy vinyl with the metal zip loc zipper.


I also found this larger bag with the summer supplies.  

I'm thinking this was maybe for school... not sure, but it struck me that it would also make a great bag for a wet bathing suit.  It's made of same material as my beloved IKEA bags.

It too has a zipper.


The process went super quick.

I placed all the dental items in the green dotted bag and then placed that in the original linen closet bin.


Next came the hair and body toiletries.

Because you can see through those pink dots, I decided not to even use my label-maker to identify the contents.

The bags are sturdy enough to stand on their own right in the bin!


In the blue dotted bag I placed some random items...

Small stain stick, cotton puffs and swabs, shower cap and mini sewing kit.


In the last bag, I placed a disposable razor, 2 mini pill minders, and a sample deodorant.


What was left?

Emply bottles I use to take some current health and beauty needs when I travel.


These mini silicone bottles are my favorite.

Yep... they come from the Dollar Tree, BUT, you need to find them in the plate and glass aisle or around that area.

They are actually used for dressings and toppings for your lunch box.

However, the large opening makes adding your own shampoo or conditioner super easy,

They are also easy to clean out and dry between trips away from home.


I put all of these items into the large bag.


I placed that behind the other bags and I was done!

It took me about 15 minutes to quickly and easily organize that hot mess.

BEFORE:



15 minutes later...

AFTER:


The bin went back into the closet on the top shelf where it was to begin with.

Now I don't have to worry about stuff falling on me when I take it down for our next trip.


All in all, it cost me $5 for the 5 bags.

For a 15 minute project, I'd say rules must have been broken on this one!





2 comments

  1. Great Job, Keep it up. You may visit this website as well to learn about toiletry kits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job, Keep it and you may visit here as well to learn more about Best Travel Toiletry Bags as well to learn more about top toiletry bags 2019.

    ReplyDelete

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.