Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Organizing a Well-Used Catalogue

I am a crafter, more specifically, I love to create and give handmade greeting cards.

I also have a wonderful sister-in-law who is a Stampin' UP! demonstrator, so I can indulge in "shopping" my SU! catty each month, ordering what I "need."  (wink, wink)

Because I have several products from the catty, I like to keep it not only as a product resource, but also as an inventory...so I don't double purchase.

Here's last year's catty:


I had used some peel and stick tabs along the top so that I could quickly and easily turn to those sections.

This new catty...

I had a better and more efficient use for this one.


I gathered the catty, some Dollar Tree self-sticking tabs, and a few sheets from my Happy Planner sitcker stash.


I first went through and made a list of all the areas I wanted to tab.

There were definately more that the three from last year.

I wanted to really focus on being more thorough this time around.


I grabbed the tabs and a thin tipped Sharpie.


I labelled each tab with one of the catageories from my list.


I then started the process of placing the tabs on the first page that corresponded with that category.


TIP:  As you are placing the tab, use the previous tab to space them as equally as you can either across the top or down the side of the catty.


Once that tabs were done, I went through the stamp sets and used a heart sticker to identify the ones that I owned.

When you have a drawer full, it helps to keep track.


In my old catty, I had placed a check mark next to the stamp pads that I owned.  The checks were for the "old stamp pad versions."

I then starred the newer version of stamp pads.

As I transitioned from the old to the new, this was helpful.


In the new catty, the stamp pad ink colors were presented in a different way.

I still used a check to indicate ownership of an "old" one, but this time I used these little flower-like stickers right over the colored dot.

As I continue to transition, I will purchase the colors I don't have in either version prior to duplicating.

It makes better financial sense to do it this way first as my older stamp pads are in good shape.


In about 15 minutes, I went from this...



To this...

Now, you may not have an SU! catty to organize, but there may be another catalogue that you have that will be beneficial to you.

A Thirty-One catty comes to mind.  If you are collecting a certain pattern, it would be helpful to note which products you have, how many, and what patterns.

If you have a catalogue from Young Living, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef (especially helpful with this one!), or any company that sells products, having it organized is a great idea.

You run less of a risk of double-purchasing.

You can keep track of gifts you bought for family and friends.

It's not even remotely breaking the rules.


Post a Comment

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.