Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Happy DIY Sticker Book

My Happy Planner stickers were getting a bit out of control.

I mean, some of the more well-used booklets were falling apart and I was searching for "like" stickers in many different booklets.

It was hot mess, and you know I don't like a mess.

I decided to take matters in my own hand and organize the ones that I went to the most when using my planner and arc notebooks.


I love the many different sticker books that are available with the Happy Planner accessories.

These booklets can be themed, like "Quotes" and "Household," or they can be general like "Essential Planning" and "Boxes."  What I have found is that many of them have stickers that are generic as well and I like to combine them with stickers from other booklets.

I found myself spending valuable time rummaging through each booklet to find companionable stickers.

Then I realized I could make my "own" sticker book using some leftover Happy Planner supplies.


I started by pulling apart the most-used booklets and organizing them into stickers that were similar. 

I also went through some of my newer booklets and grabbed a few sheets there as well.


Sometimes the stickers were color themed or patterned themed.  I wanted to keep those sheets together so I could use them to coordinate a monthly spread in my planner.


You can see here where these stickers could be used for any planner spread, be it monthly or weekly.


Next, I grabbed some of my Notes strips that were already punched to fit the arc rings.  I have not been using these pages, so they were perfect for this idea.  You could really use any paper that you had as long as you had the arc ring hold punch.

I took some of my card crafting tape and put just a few stripes of double stick on the paper.


Then I simply stuck the sticker page to the paper and it essentially became a page itself.

I couldn't have used my hole punch on the sticker page as there is not enough room.  However, if you have other brands of stickers that do have enough marging, the hole punch would have worked.


I made sure to place a sheet on the front and back of the Notes paper so that it could do double duty.

As the sheets get used up I can just tape newer ones over them.

I tried to "marry" like stickers so that I wasn't searching again in vain prior to my sticker book creation.


Once I had all my loose sticker sheets adhered and in a Happy Planner system, well...

let's just say...

I WAS HAPPY!


I really downsized all those well-used booklets into the notebook.  I did keep my newest booklets together because they were very themed and color coordinated.

As they too get well-used, I can add them to the notebook.

This makes it so much easier for my planning style and requirements.

It's a bit of a rule-breaker if you don't like separating your sticker booklet, but what can I say?

I'm a rebel.






Post a Comment

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.