Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Last Minute Quick Gift: Spiced Pecans

 I'm not much of a baker.  

I leave that to the hubster.

However, a friend and her husband came over and while the guys watched the Army/Navy game (and destroyed the charcuterie I built), we made her recipe of Spiced Pecans.

It was SO EASY, and so much fun, that the next day hubby and I made 4 more batches.

You can do this any time of the year, but I've been giving it as gifts this year, and it's a quick option for some last-minute gifting.

Let me show you.

You will need the following to make one batch:


4 Cups of Pecans, 1/2 Cups of Sugar.


1 Egg WHITE, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon of Ginger.

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.


A large bowl for mixing, a medium bowl for mixing, and a cookie sheet.

Start by dropping your 1 EGG WHITE into the large bowl.


Add your 4 Cups of Pecans and stir until the pecans are thoroughly coated with the egg white.


In your medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.

Give it a good stir so they are all well distributed.


Dump this over your egg white coated pecans and stir.


You want to totally coat the wet pecans with the sugary/spicy mixture.

Spread them fully out on a cookie sheet.
(This cookie sheet was used multiple time so there's residue, that's fine, just keep on!)


Bake at 300 degrees in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.

I sware, it takes longer to bake than it does to prep all the ingredients!

Once it's done, take it out and let them cool for a bit on the cookie sheet - about 15 minutes.

Once cooled, break up any chunks of pecans into "grab-size" pieces.

You can store in a large bowl until you are ready to bag, box, or eat them yourself.


Hubs and I ended up making a dozen 2 cup bags.

We gifted our neighbors, mail carrier, friends, and family with them.

And, I must say, it was fun making them together...a tradition we're going to continue next year!


I hope you have a joyous Christmas.

I'm going to take a break from posting new content until Saturday the 4th of January.

I've got an exciting "series" planned for the new year, one that I hope will inspire you.

I love all my rule breakers!






Post a Comment

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.