Tuesday, September 17, 2019

My Hershey Spa Experience

While camping in Elizabethtown, PA over the Labor Day weekend, my friend and I took advantage of being so close to the Hershey Hotel and booked spa treatments at The Hershey Spa.

I want to share that with you, and will have some photos that are compliments of me as well as property of the Hershey Spa and Hotel.

Out of respect for the MANY spa clients and staff, I was very discrete when taking photos so as not to disturb or concern other patrons.

I hope I can convey the experience with words and some of the photos that I did take.

Now...let's get into our Zen spa mode.

Photo Credit: The Hershey Spa

The Spa at the Hershey Hotel is a full service facility offering many different individual and packaged services.

It's housed within the walls of the Hotel Hershey which sits atop a hill overlooking the Hershey Theme Park.

You drive up the long driveway to the front of the hotel and then go to the left for the entrance to the spa.



You do not have to be a guest of the hotel to book services with the spa, although you can get special packages that include spa services as a guest of the hotel.


The grounds are beautiful and the Spa's entrance is clearly marked.


My friend (she and her husband are avid campers like us) arrived about an hour earlier than our scheduled treatments (they ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to).

As a spa guest you have access to the many included ammenities that the hotel offers like the pool, fitness room, aromatherapy room, restaurant, and Whisper or Silent rooms.


The spa is fully staffed with professional employees who are an integral part of the whole experience of the spa.

At the check-in desk you are greeted and asked to fill out a standard health form typically required prior to having a spa treatment.  Knowing existing health concerns can help your experience be tailored to your needs as well as let staff know if there are services that may not be the best for you.

Once you've filled it out you return to the desk, review your scheduled services and pay up front.  The spa requires that you also pay a 20% gratuity at that time as well.  If you want to tip additionally you are free to do so.

Photo Credit: The Hershey Spa

We waited a very short time and then we were led to the ladies locker room to change into our Hershey Spa robes and slippers.


You are assigned a locker where you create your own digital code to lock and unlock.  This was where you placed your clothing and any items you brought with you.

You are allowed to keep your electronic devices.  I also kept my small purse with me as well.

Photo Credit: The Hershey Spa
The ladies locker room is beautifully appointed.  Very elegant and feminine.  It had toiletries that could be used to freshen up, including hair care products and bathing products.



These real orchids were absolutely stunning.  (You can see me photographing them in the mirror reflection.)


I chose to go to the Whisper Room to relax prior to starting my services.  There is also a Silent Room, but I wasn't interested in total silence...


The room is very elegant as well, but it also has a masculine feel balancing the feminine touches.  

As both men and women receive spa services here, this is neither too "girly" or too "burly" for either.


One wall had a full service tea, coffee, and hot cocoa bar with real cups and saucers.


They served Harney and Sons teas which are my favorite!  If you are an avid tea drinker, I highly recommend you try them out.  Their Paris tea is one of my favorites!


In addition to the beverage service, they also had homemade muffins, fruit, trail mix, and cold water available.


Upon recommendation, I had their Hershey Chocolate signature chocolate muffin and it was amazing.



I also had serveral milk and dark chocolate Hershey Kisses as well.  They were on almost every table throughout the spa and they were always being filled to the brim by staff.


Between services I had some of the trail mix, and I think I drank my weight in water that day.


The Whisper Room had access to an outdoor balcony which overlooked the beautiful gardens in the back of the hotel.


The weather was just great that day, so lounging in your Hershey robe on the balcony was so relaxing.

So, I'm sure you're wondering what services I got...


I started off with the "Sweet Hands" classic manicure.

It was a great manicure which included a Hershey Chocolate arm and hand sugar scrub exfoliation followed by a Hershey Chocolate intense hand and arm moisturizer and light massage.

I picked a light pink color for my polish

I was very impressed with the manicure, but what impressed me more was that this manicure lasted A WHOLE WEEK on my nails. 

You know that I typcially do my own gel manicures because I've NEVER been able to keep regular polish on my nails longer than a day.

My manicurist was professional and friendly and did a great job!

Manicure = $65.00


My next treatment was the "Chocolate Fondue Wrap."

This was done in a private room with a vichy shower.  A vichy shower is a long rod with multiple shower heads that bath you while you lay on a treatment bed.

You wear a "towel bikini" which covers you, and you are totally in charge of your own "bikini."

It started off with a nice drybrushing over all the exposed parts of my body, including my back.

If you never had a drybrushing, it's wonderful!

Next, I was slathered in a Hershey's Chocolate oil and then carefully wrapped with a plastic sheet and then a warmed blanket.  The wrapping wasn't tight, so there was no feeling of claustrophobia.

I got a cool icepack for my eyes an then a nice head massage for about 5 minutes.

The therapist left the room and I layed there all nice and toasty for about 15 minutes more.  There was spa music playing and the lights were dimmed.


When the therapist returned, the vichy shower was turned on and positioned over the top of me.  Super warm water cascaded down as a hand held shower head was used to get the oil off.

I was given a new "towel bikini" and the plastic wrap was removed from under me to reveal clean dry terry cloth towels.

I was then rubbed down from head to toe with a chocolate body butter.

The therapist left the room while I got back into my robe and slippers to go back to the Whisper Room.

I also got to keep my drybrush which was an added treat.

Chocolate Fondue Wrap = $135.00

Photo Credit: The Hershey Spa

I would recommend a visit to the spa if you are looking for a spa experience in that area.  I would also highly recommend getting a chocolate one, because... you are at Hershey.

Once my friend rejoined me after her treatments, we got dressed and looked over the products available for sale.


We didn't buy anything because we both have tons of product at home.


However, you can continue to experience that chocolate smell if you so desired.

They also have other options to choose from if you are not into chocolate...



I loved having a spa day with my friend (who doesn't) and I felt that the prices were reasonable.

I'm no stranger to spa treatments, so I feel like I can say I got my monies worth at The Hershey Spa.

You can visit them HERE to see what other services they have to offer if you are interested, or will be visiting that way soon. 

It's fun to get away and indulge in some "ME" time.

Everyone thinks that that is breaking the rules, but in reality...

You're making your own!

























Post a Comment

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.