Saturday, May 18, 2019

In Memory...

I am not going to be doing my usual Saturday post because today we have the memorial service for my sweet mother-in-law. 



After a short term illness and the onset of dementia, she departed this earth on Monday, May 6th at 96 years of age.

She saw a lot in those 96 years.

She was married for 77 years.  Yes, that's right.  I said 77 years.

My father-in-law is 101 years old and will live out the rest of his life without her by his side.

She birthed 4 children, one who preceded her in death.  I know they are together once again.

She was a teacher to many students over her 21 years in education.

She was a hospital volunteer, lover of reading, competitive Bridge then Bingo player, and overall great friend to many.

We loved her and she will be missed.

We are celebrating her life today and happy that she is no longer in pain and confusion.

I will be back on Tuesday with a new post, but for today, I'm going to pause and reflect.

Thank you.

Post a Comment

© No Rules after 50. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.